Dundurn is a community of 693 people (2011 Census), and we are unique in our location – only 41 km South on Hwy 11 from Downtown Saskatoon. Dundurn is also located only 5 minutes from Blackstrap Provincial Park. There you will find boating, fishing, a great beach and picnic area and of course camping. If golfing is your pleasure, the greatly acclaimed Dakota Dunes Golf Course, Whitecap Casino and the proposed Whitecap Convention Centre are only 20 minutes across the local road. For a less challenging course, there is Pitts Golf Course, with grass greens, at Shields Town site, which is only 5 minutes away. Dundurn is also only 10 minutes south from the Saskatchewan International Raceway (SIR).
Dundurn boasts a minor hockey program along with a figure skating program, recreational hockey, senior hockey, and the Blackstrap Soccer Association’s soccer program which is played on irrigated soccer fields. Culture and Arts also weaves its way into daily life here in Dundurn with the local museum, Communities In Bloom and we are proud to say that in our midst there are 11 local artists and writers as well.
Town of Dundurn Assistant Town Foreman required, buy cheap viagrabuy generic viagraClick here for job description and other information.
Dundurn International Exhibition Centre
There is a Brightenview Presentation scheduled for Saturday, March 30th at 2:00 pm til 5:00 pm in the Dundurn Community Hall. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Dundurn International Exhibition Centre
The project is developed by Brightenview Development International Inc. The Town is supportive of the large scope of the project as it will bring substantial growth to our community. Along with the RM of Dundurn, we regard this major project as a common interest and effort for the opportunity of bringing positive change to our community, we welcome the opportunity to have new families and business relocate to Dundurn, and we look forward to ongoing development planning with Brightenview Development.
Residential Lots for Sale!
Fully serviced 1/3 acre lots! Build the house of your dreams. Visit Silverbend Developments @ www.silverbend.net
Dundurn & District Recreation Board
The Dundurn & District Recreation Board requires one (1) member at large to be nominated and elected to the Recreation Board. You will sit with another five members at large and one Town and one RM representative. Duties of the Recreation Board members include:
- attendance of regular monthly meetings (minimum of 10 per year);
- serve on various committees;
- represent the community in the areas of culture and recreation.
If you want to contribute to your community and have ideas along with the commitment to help implement and develop them, then please consider to be part of the team. You can pick-up and drop-off your nomination form at the Town Office.
The Dundurn & District Recreation Board is now taking tenders for the following Contract positions for the 2013/2014 ice skating season. Please send your tender to the Dundurn & District Recreation Board, PO Box 341, Dundurn SK S0K 1K0. Clearly state which position you are tendering for along with your full name, address and phone/cell number on or before 5 pm, August 31, 2013.
Dundurn Sports Centre Maintenance and Caretaking of Rink Ice – October 2013 to March 2014:
- Responsible for ice making and pre-preparations, ice care and maintenance of skating ice,
- Working with the Town Foreman for inspection and maintenance of ice plant and buildings,
- Liaison/contact person with ice plant’s repair company,
- Liaison with other contract persons and attend rink committee meetings,
- Clean and empty trash in ice viewing area, tractor room and player’s bench area,
- Removal of snow and ice from all doors and exits,
- Minor maintenance (bulbs, etc.), ensure exhaust fans are running when cleaning the ice,
- Open/Close rink, must be available on a full time basis including evenings and weekends.
Dundurn Sports Centre Janitorial Service – October 2013 to March 2014:
- Duties include daily cleaning and maintenance of center washrooms, dressing rooms, showers, lobby, heated public seating areas and hallways and janitor room as required,
- Responsible for dressing room maintenance, emptying garbage after every game and ordering janitorial supplies,
- Must be flexible, schedule will include some evenings and usually weekends due to tournaments.
Dundurn Sports Centre Ice Scheduler – August 2013 to April 2014:
- Responsible for booking and scheduling ice time rental,
- Ensure schedule is posted and updated regularly,
- Handle communications with groups renting the facility, actively pursue rentals to fill available times,
- Notify organizations and booth workers of schedule changes,
- Collection of rental fees for local and non-local rentals.
Dundurn Sports Centre Concession Rental – October 2013 to March 2014:
- Contractor responsible to rent concession booth from the Recreation Board for $500.00 per month and provide food service during all games, ice practice and events,
- Must be available to be open during public and family skates,
- Should be familiar with commercial food equipment and have the ability to offer a variety of short order concession food and beverages,
- Food safe certificate required,
- Utilities and equipment supplied by Recreation Board; purchase of food and beverage supplies responsibility of the Contractor.
The Dundurn & District Recreation Board is now accepting Tenders for Editor/Publisher of its monthly newsletter for September to December 2013.
Please submit your tender to the Dundurn & District Recreation Board, PO Box 341, Dundurn SK S0K 1K0 – or drop your tender off at the Town Office during regular office hours. Deadline for submission of tenders is August 15, 2013.